Organisations perform work. Work generally involves either operations or projects, although the two may overlap. Projects are implemented as means of achieving an organisation’s strategic plan. A project is a temporary endeavour undertaken to create a unique result. Projects are undertaken at all levels of the organisation.
Project management is the application of knowledge, skills, tools and techniques to project activities to meet project requirements. Project management is accomplished through the use of the processes as: initiating, planning, executing, controlling and closing.
Today, project management strategies can help employees address tighter budgets, demanding time constraints and fewer resources. Real-life project management methods and techniques can give to the company a competitive advantage.
On completion of the training the participants will be able to create a project plan, following a 10 step model in order to deliver the planned results as required by stakeholders.
This training will provide the participants with practical guidance on how to initiate, design, execute and close a project. The training is focused both on necessary knowledge and skills in order to perform a project, the participants will acquire all the knowledge and skills they need to plan and manage the projects successfully every time.
This course is valuable for managers, project managers and people who need to know how to effectively manage projects.
By the end of this course, the participants will be able to:
- explain the reasons, benefits, characteristics and main phases of project work
- explain the key roles and required competencies of a project manager
- identify the main stakeholders of a project and clarify their expectations
- clarify and define a project goal comprising the strategic intent, target, time and budget
- clarify and define the mandate of a project manager
- define the constitution of a project team tuned to the different phases of a project
- structure the project organisation well linked to the functional organisation
- break down the project work in phases and activities (work break down structure)
- explain the reasons for budgeting and put together a project budget
- plan and control project activities using GANTT chart
- analyse the risks of a project, plan for contingencies
- define the documentation, reporting and communication requirements of a project plan
- set up dedicated control systems and keep track of a project
- structure the phase out of a project.
Key Areas Covered
- establish personal objectives for the course
- project terminology
- the role of the project manager
- the project lifecycle
- project roles and organizational structure
- stakeholder analysis, influencing strategies and communication
- project specification (terms of reference)
- developing the project plan
- setting objectives
- project scheduling
- the GANTT chart
- the responsibility chart
- risk analysis
- monitoring strategies and reporting progress
- project closing and evaluation
Within this training, our team is using active learning methods:
- Case studies
- Focus group discussions
Price, location and period
- The training is of three days and sessions’ duration is from 9 AM until 5 PM.
- Period: 13 – 15 March, 2019
- The location is our training room – Timișoara, Suceava str. nr. 5A
- The price per participant is 375 Euro. The price does not include VAT.
- The certification fee is 30 Euro per person.