We interact with other people on a daily basis and naturally we don’t always agree on everything. The way we deal with such disagreements determines its fate; the disagreement can result in a conflict which uses up time and energy or it encourages creativity and self-growth. Therefore, conflict management skills is a must have for anyone in today’s market.
In this course, participants learn how to prevent discussions from escalating into conflicts, perform conflict resolution, understand psychological tactics used on them and the best way to respond, negotiate and manage their emotions. Full of examples, exercises and activities, this course helps the delegates to master the art of conflict management.
The systematic design of this course facilitates understanding conflict, detecting signs of conflict escalation, responding to such signs with appropriate action and finally using effective techniques to resolve the conflict.
The participants will be introduced to a variety of psychological tactics sometimes used by others as a way to create a conflict. Understanding such tactics and mind games enables delegates to prepare and respond effectively in order to prevent a conflict. The trainees will also explore emotional skills critical in dealing with other people and learn how to control their emotions as well as those of others and guide the debate towards a win/win outcome.
This course is valuable for any individual that needs the skills, knowledge and confidence to effectively manage and turn around conflict situations, in a clear, assertive and constructive manner.
By the end of this course, the participants will be able to:
- identify exactly what conflict is and why it arises;
- understand the mechanics of a conflict;
- increase their awareness of the different approaches to conflict;
- recognize the various stages of conflict and preventing them from escalating;
- deal with conflict with a greater awareness of the conflict management style of themselves and others;
- select an appropriate conflict resolution style based on their needs to get maximum results;
- utilize a variety of methods for managing conflict successfully;
- understand you behavioral type (Drive-Influencing-Steadiness-Compliance)and how deal with conflict
- how each behavioral type reacts in conflict and how to manage them
- learn ways to manage emotions and anger;
- use a negotiation strategy that moves them closer to a win/win outcome;
- use a series of psychological tactics used in conflicts and know how to respond to them;
- learn ways to react to arrogance, personality attacks and exaggerations;
- invest less time and energy in conflict and creating more productive relationships with others;
- prevent destructive conflicts at the workplace.
Key Areas Covered
What is Conflict?
- How conflicts evolve?
- What is good or bad about conflicts?
- What is the life cycle of conflicts?
- How conflicts escalate?
How to Handle Conflicts?
- How many different ways can you approach a conflict and what are their advantages and disadvantages?
- How to systematically analyse conflicts based on the benefits to you or the other party and how to use this knowledge to resolve them?
- How to decline a request while avoiding conflicts?
How to Manage Emotions?
- How emotions affect discussions?
- How to avoid emotional decision making?
- How to use anger management in resolving conflicts?
- Learn about a series of psychological tactics used in conflicts and know how to respond to them when used on you, or exploit them yourself.
How to Respond to Escalating situations?
- What approaches are used in a discussion to win the conflict?
- How to respond to such approaches when used on you?
- Learn how to react to arrogance, vague statements, personality attacks, exaggerations and many other commonly used tactics in conflict.
Approach different behaviours (Drive-Influencing-Steadiness-Compliance) in conflict
- What are each types’ needs
- What are each types’ reaction in conflict and how to better interact
- How to identify the behavioral style of others and how to better interact with them
How to Negotiate?
- How to negotiate effectively to get to a win/win outcome?
- What is Principled Negotiation?
- How can you use well established negotiation strategies to resolve conflicts?
How to Prevent Conflicts?
- What systems should be put in place to prevent destructive conflicts?
- What resources do you need to manage conflicts efficiently?
- What kind of third-party interventions exist and how can you use them to resolve conflict?
Our team is using in training active learning methods, as:
- Games and role plays
- Self tests
- Case studies
- Focus group discussions.
Duration and Fees
Duration and period: 2 days, 19th – 20th March, 2019
Location: Timişoara, our training room, Suceava 5A.
Fee: The price of the training per participant is 300 Euro, and includes the hand-out and meals and refreshments for participants. The price does not include VAT.
- for 3 participants – 5% discount
- for 4 participants – 10% discount
The program will be delivered only if the total number of the registered participants is minimum 10.